It Wasn’t Funny at the Time

This is my version of the Comic Book Effect! I jumped on the bandwagon and I thought I would give this assignment a spin.

The Process:

First, I went into Picnik and used the ‘Dots and Dots’ filter to achieve the comic book pixel effect. Next, I altered the exposure by 30% to create the distinct comic book coloring.

Next, I uploaded my photo onto Chogger to add the two speech bubbles. There might be a better site for this aspect of the project but it’s the site I know best. In Chogger, you have four basic speech bubble options, but you can manipulate and distort each one until you have achieved your desired effect.

Last, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is no explicit embed option on the Chogger site but you can just grab the image straight from the site.

This is a fun, easy assignment and I recommend that everyone give this assignment a try!

Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to “It Wasn’t Funny at the Time”

1. Miss MC says:

Oh no! It’s my boyfriend playing the drums. I can try to move the larger speech bubble so it is not covering up the drum set, maybe it will help?

2. Jim Groom says:

The actual image makes it hard for me to make out what exactly is being pictured here. What is this an image of?