Rap Battle

(Skip to minute 4:00 for the best example that smart kids are cool too.)

For those of you lucky enough to be in DuPont this evening you will have the chance to hear me rap too.

A key part of the A-MC-X radio show or any radio show are their commercials like the Super Bow(els). To keep things fresh on A-MC-X we are honoring our Alan Levine with a rap promoting his work and DS106.

First, we needed to find words that rhymed with Levine (at least he is not named orange). Here is our first list:

green
lean
mean
bean
cuisine
automatic teller machine

This proved two things: 1) I am not Dirt Mcgirt 2) The online rhyming dictionary is a blessing. Though, I did try to find a way to include automatic teller machine in our rap.

Here is a small preview:

Mr. Alan Levine the DS machine,

He is steppin’ out into da scene,

Later tonight we will be pairing my rap with the glorious Annie Belle’s beat boxing. It’s only day three but already we have a commercial. Slowly, Slowly, A-MC-X is weaving together an awesome radio show!

UPDATE:

I present to you the final cut of a rap battle beat down.

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Rap Battle”

1. Miss MC says:

I know. It’s hard to accept reality.

2. Jim Groom says:

Why do you feed Alan Levine’s ego? It is already big enough, where as I have no ego to speak of, and yet you pull me down. Unbelievable!

3. Miss MC says:

YEESSSS

4. Miss MC says:

Smart kids are the coolest! Indian Jones proves.

You missed out too, the rap battle was hot. Below is the link of the commercial we made from it. I do not think Jay-Z will be offering me a contract anytime soon, but it was fun!

5. Nicole says:

This was so cool! I wish I could see you rap! Will you be posting it on your blog? How is the making of the radio show coming? What inspired you? I love the rap battle. Who would have thought smart kids are cool? Such an oxymoron haha. Can’t wait to see and hear more about your radio show and how everything is developing. That has got to be such an accomplished feeling after producing that.